Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
“20/20” Production Internship, ABC News – Summer 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 627442BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Jan. 11, 2019
Job Summary:20/20 is the prime time news magazine program. 20/20 brings you hard-hitting investigative reports, newsmaker interviews and compelling human interest and feature stories. Internships with 20/20 offer candidates the chance to excel into new areas based on interest.
A day in the life…
• Assisting staff with all aspects of production
• Booking, assisting with breaking news crashes, logging & transcribing
• Shoot prep, shoot assistance & edit support
• Ordering tapes, scanning photos & running errands
• Story development & research
• Learn & utilize internal ABC technical media search and management systems
• Daily office work including mail, digital media distribution & additional support functions
What you bring to the role…
• A demonstrated interest (academic and/or previous internship) in long form journalism
• A familiarity with past 20/20 content
• The ability to think creatively, collaborate yet also operate independently and be a self-starter
• A strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Documents
Preferred Qualifications:•Undergraduate students in their senior year or recent graduates
•Proven leadership roles in school or extra-curricular activities
•Previous internship in journalism (print and/or broadcast) with strong preference to long form journalism
•Previous internship experience with a television news outlet
•Basic proficiency (academic or previous internship) with non-linear editing software (Avid specifically)
•Familiarity with ABC News Programming
•Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
•Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Must be willing to relocate to the New York City area and provide your own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- Must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
- Must be available from May/June to August/September
- Must be willing to work a 40 hours/week
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.