Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ABC Audio Production Internship- Spring 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID 874747BR Location New York, New York, United States Business ABC News Date posted Oct. 20, 2021
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
You will assist in supporting the operational and technical needs of ABC Audio.
- Operating audio boards for guest interviews for both terrestrial and podcast use
- Researching and booking guests
- Conducting interviews
- Pitch story ideas
- Audio production
You will be tasked with completing one capstone project by the end of your internship. This semester’s project surrounds the creation of a sustainable news futures calendar system. You will work closely with the Assignment Desk, Newsroom Managers, and Associate Producers to tailor a system to ABC Audio.
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Ability to prioritize and meet the needs of a busy network news operation by providing a high level of production and technical support
- Comprehensive understanding of digital audio systems, including recording and editing capabilities, database and workflow knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated proficiency (academic or previous internship) with multi-track audio production
- Demonstrated proficiency (academic or previous internship) with broadcast writing
- Experience with Adobe Audition
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Previous experience (academic or previous internship) in radio and/or video news production
- Previous experience (academic or previous internship) with audio engineering/production
- Previous experience (academic or previous internship) with writing for broadcast
- Previous on-air radio experience
- Undergraduate students in their Junior or Senior year
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- At the time of application, must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Must be willing to relocate to the New York City area and provide your own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- Must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must be available from January to May
- Must be willing to work 32 hours/week, Monday- Friday, daytime hours (8:30-4:30pm)
- Intern will work in the office a couple days per week and remotely a couple days per week
About ABC News:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC News.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.