Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ABC News Live Internship, ABC News (Remote) - Summer 2021Apply NowApply Later Job ID 774560BR Location New York, New York, United States Business ABC News Date posted Feb. 22, 2021
A 24/7 on-demand news and information destination, ABC News Live provides live breaking news and original reporting on topics relevant to our audiences, from politics, business, health to personal finance, entertainment, lifestyle and travel.
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
ABC News Live interns perform a variety of duties. You will be assisting producers and staff with all aspects of production.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Booking, assisting with news breaking crashes, logging & transcribing
- Ordering photos, helping with graphics & assisting shoots
- Researching stories & additional support functions
- Light video editing
- Pitching stories
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Demonstrated ability to grasp concepts quickly, work collaboratively on a team and be efficient & reliable
- Initiative, curiosity and a solid work ethic
- Demonstrated interest in broadcast journalism
- Experience with basic video editing
- You must have strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Students who have worked with their college’s journalism program
- Proficient in Avid
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years old
- At time of application, must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last 18 months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Deadline to apply is Saturday, March 6, 2021
- This internship is a remote internship. The internship requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated work space.
- The approximate dates of this internship are May/June 2021 through August 2021
- Candidate must be available to work 40 hours/week
About ABC News:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC News.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.