Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ABC News NewsOne Sports & News Video Production Intern, Spring 2023Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10021265 Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney General Entertainment Content Date posted Sep. 22, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
NewsOne is the affiliate news service of ABC News. NewsOne provides complete, round-the-clock coverage of news and sports events to ABC owned and affiliate stations, domestic programs, and news organizations, foreign clients and partners as well as ABC News programs.
A Day in the Life…
You will be supporting BOTH the sports and news departments at NewsOne.
- Sports- Helping to distribute and share video of interesting sports stories on a local, regional and national level and share this video throughout ABC News, our affiliates and ESPN. Editing sports news of day, including excerpts of sports press conferences, file video, and highlights. Logging or transcribing sports-related press conferences and interviews. Maintaining our digital sports archive, the only immediate, instant access to sports files for ABC News
- News - Learning all aspects of production, as well as supporting the news desk. Assisting with video requests, authoring advisories and alerts, interfacing with affiliates and clients, processing video requests, cutting vo/sots, editing using Avid non-linear editing system, and assisting NewsOne correspondents and guests
What we are looking for…
- Pursuing a degree and coursework in broadcast journalism or TV production
- Proven self-starter, able to work independently
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Digital editing skills (AVID preferred)
- A sports fan with an interest in sports news (For Sports Desk)
- Interest in current events and news in general (For News Desk)
- Strong experience using AVID digital editing system
- Experience working for college sports/news TV station or a prior internship in news/sports
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester prior to participation in the internship program, or recently graduated within six months at time of application.
- Recent graduates or graduate students
- This internship is a hybrid internship. The intern will work some days in the office and other days remotely, so it requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated work space.
- The approximate dates of this internship are January - May/June 2023
- Must be willing to live in the New York City area and provide own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- Candidate must be available to work full-time hours (40 hours/week) and open to nights and weekends for the duration of the internship
About Disney General Entertainment Content:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.