Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ABC News Research Internship, Spring 2020 – New York, NYApply Now Apply Later Job ID 709573BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Nov. 05, 2019
- Analyzing audience data and maintaining program tracks
- Creating, analyzing and distributing Daily Program and Time Period Reports, Final Weekly Reports and Weekly Minute by Minute reports
- Handle ad hoc requests when needed
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience gathering, analyzing, and interpreting large sets of data and reporting on the results
- Demonstrated interest in News and/or Media
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prepare analyses under time sensitive deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in analysis of Nielsen data and use of software such as NNTV, NPower, and similar systems
- Familiarity with Tableau or similar data visualization tools
- Previous experience in an analytical field, preferably in News and/or Media
- Junior, Senior (or recently graduated) with a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, Media Studies, Statistics, Data Analytics, Economics, Mathematics, Political Science, Computer Science or other related quantitative field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within the past six (6) months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Current Active Disney cast members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World cast members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland cast members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
- Program Dates: Interns must be fully available from January through May 2020. Must be able to work 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday.
- Required Materials: Resume and transcripts must be uploaded at time of online application.
- Transportation: Interns must have reliable transportation to get to and from work for the duration of their internship program.
- Housing: Interns must provide their own housing for the duration of their internship program.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.