Already applied?View Dashboard
Account ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 539653BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted 04/04/2018
Job Summary:The Account Manager manages relationships and is responsible for revenue targets at key accounts in North America for Disney Book Group, including Baker & Taylor, Ingram, Follett and library digital accounts
- Manage account relationships with physical wholesale partners for Disney Book Group and library digital accounts.
- Collaborate with internal marketing, publicity and distribution teams to promote titles for the institutional and independent bookstore market.
- Work closely with the school and library marketing team to choose titles for special galley mailings, marketing placement, and presentation highlights.
- Synergize with other teams within TWDC to grow the e-commerce business that is fulfilled by the wholesale distributors.
- Pitch titles and secure placement in key account publications and marketing campaigns.
- Attend and actively contribute to DBG weekly meetings (Sales & Marketing, Acquisitions….)
- Organize account meetings, agendas, presentations and recaps.
- Estimate projected account orders and reserve inventory.
- Track down purchase orders and anticipate inventory demand based on publicity, awards, or institutional marketing.
- 3+ years publishing experience
- Presentation skills
- Clear communication, both written and oral
- Ability to analyze sales and demand
- Knowledge of publishing product and interest in Public + school libraries; book fairs
- Technical skills and understanding of eBook platforms
- Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel…)
- Team player, collaboration skills
- Organized, detail-oriented
- Knowledge of the eBook library marketplace
- 3+ years in an account management role
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Books, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media.
Buena Vista Books, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.