Accounts Receivable AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 977782BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted May 10, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Marvel Accounting and Finance team is looking for an Accounts Receivable Analyst for our licensing business who can assist in performing a wide variety of cash application and accounting assignments. Everyone here wears many hats and gets exposed to a variety of challenges. You will be working with an accessible management team in a highly energized environment.
Responsibilities:Specific Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Analyze daily cash receivables from licensing business and utilize SAP to apply cash
- Prepare and analyze licensee account analysis including cash, invoices, and royalty reporting activities
- Communicate with licensees to assist and resolve billing and cash application issues
- Create documentation for management approvals of credit memo’s
- Ability to utilize systems to create and analyze ad hoc financial reporting
- Assist in the effective and efficient month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing processes, ensuring transactions are in accordance with GAAP and that internal policies and procedures are followed
- Other projects as assigned
- 1 plus years of relevant cash application or accounts receivable experience.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of Oracle and SAP a plus
- Ability to work independently, detail-oriented, has good organizational skills and possesses the ability to prioritize
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changes of job duties when the need arises
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills
- Can be trusted to keep sensitive information secure
Required EducationBA/BS degree or relevant work experience
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Entertainment, LLC, which is part of a business we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Entertainment, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.