Already applied?View Dashboard
Ad Operations Manager, TechnologyApply Now Apply Later Job ID 692633BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Aug. 05, 2019
Disney Streaming Services is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; the upcoming Disney+ SVOD service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Its core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
The Customer Acquisition team is tasked with driving new subscriber growth. The team is responsible for the planning, execution and optimization of user acquisition and performance marketing campaigns. The Ad Operations Manager will play a critical role in implementation, QA, and support of all platforms involved in tagging, tracking, audience verification, data capture strategy, and overall media technology. This role will also be tasked with automation of tasks and processes, as well as being an escalation point within the Ad Operations team for technical issues. The ideal candidate has a passion for technology and automation, a sense of ownership and pride in the creation of efficiencies, and a thorough understanding of the Ad Tech space.
- Building, maintaining, and supporting a suite of scripts, programs, and apps to bring automation and efficiency to the Ad Operations team and other teams within Acquisition
- Complete ownership of the implementation and realization of the team’s vision for a given piece of new automation, including soliciting feedback and iterating on development.
- Escalation point for QA of placements, tagging, floodlights/vendor pixels for on-site tracking implementations to ensure proper tracking
- Work in tandem with analytics team on data capture strategy to ensure proper collection of data for reporting
- Work with the other Ad Operations Managers and Director to discover new opportunities for efficiency and scaling of the team in preparation for Disney+ global launch
- Keep up to date with industry trends in marketing and advertising technology.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment, supporting new products/businesses supported by a proven large-scale media property
- 4+ years of experience across ad operations and ad technology.
- Experience in scripting/programming with a focus on automation or ad operations
- Experience in at least one of Python/Django, Java, PHP, C#, Ruby
- Experience implementing and iterating on processes to create efficiency
- Expertise with DoubleClick Campaign Manager third-party ad serving required
- Expertise in Ad Tech QA including cross browser tag QA and mobile in-app QA using Charles Proxy or similar tools.
- High level understanding of viewability, brand safety, and ad verification technologies.
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence for workflow management and documentation preferred
- Experience with Adobe Launch or equivalent tag manager preferred
- Experience with Kochava or equivalent Mobile App Tracking solutions preferred
- Experience with rich media / dynamic creative solutions preferred
- Flexibility & ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- A strong communicator with a can-do, positive attitude and a strong desire to get things done
- Passionate about our brands, including Disney, Marvel and Star Wars.
- Sense of humor and desire to have fun!
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.