Anchor / ReporterApply Now Apply Later Job ID 762155BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Jun. 01, 2020
Basic Qualifications:The ideal candidate must be a dynamic and compelling journalist, communicator, storyteller and strong leader. We are looking for a powerful news leader with a passion for uncovering and reporting the facts, and with integrity above all else. An individual who takes ownership of, and works collaboratively with producers and reporters/colleagues in crafting the newscast. The ideal candidate sets the tone for teamwork and excellence, across all platforms and all departments within the station and station group. The applicant must demonstrate a full understanding of the powerful voice and responsibility broadcasters have to, and with, the communities we serve.
- Exceptional reporting, writing and interviewing skills
- Must know how to source and generate impactful enterprise leads, and create impactful content relying on critical relationships with local news makers
- You must be tenacious in your ability to uncover stories through investigation and research
- Be an expert in telling high impact stories in breaking news coverage, and demonstrate that ability from the anchor desk and in the field
- Report, write, capture visual content, edit and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as owned and distributed digital and social platforms
- Active in using social media for promotion and news gathering
- Demonstrated ability to move the audience between linear and digital platforms
- A collaborative self-starter
- Willingness to lead and mentor
- Strong commitment to the community, expected to represent the station and participate at various community events
- must have 5+ years of anchoring experience
- Top market candidates preferred (market dependent)
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.