Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Art/Design Internship, FiveThirtyEight- Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 738378BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Jan. 16, 2020
We are looking for an art and design intern to help create visual designs for the site this summer.
A day in the life…
- Work with the art director and editors to decide how to make our stories visual including everything from doing photo research, cropping and captioning to making your own illustrations for daily and feature stories.
- Think through the order and pacing of images within a story to find the best way to keep our readers engaged throughout.
- Help the team to put stories together in Wordpress and contribute ideas for headlines and other display text to make sure it all works well together.
- Collaborate with other FiveThirtyEight teams on projects ranging from crafting animated videos and building interactive projects, to developing visual systems and researching freelance illustrators.
What you bring to the role…
- Interest in pursuing a career in graphic design, art direction, photo editing, and/or illustration and should demonstrate their experience in visual arts or photojournalism at the college level
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Resume and cover letter must include a link to your website or portfolio
- Familiarity and interest in FiveThirtyEight
- Proficiency in the Adobe InDesign, After Effects and/or Wordpress is a bonus but not necessary.
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be at least 18 years old
- At time of application, must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Must be willing to relocate to the New York City area and provide your own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
- Must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must be available from May/June to August/September
- Must be willing to work 40 hours/week
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.