Art Director (ABC News)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 765632BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Sep. 11, 2020
- Must be highly creative, innovative, extremely motivated, organized and able to handle creative pressures under extreme deadlines.
- This person needs to be an ingenious visual problem solver. The candidate must be able to manage quick turnaround of graphics assets, work well in a team and with a wide range of people --or independently as the situation demands.
- They also need to be able to manage artists and projects with great competence and skill as well as oversee the design and development of compelling/sophisticated visuals that both complement and enhance ABC News editorial content.
- This position requires hands-on proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite. Must also have knowledge of graphics software such as VizRt, C4D, Maya, and Flame.
- Having a complete understanding of live graphic video production/animation and News graphics is a must.
- Minimum 5 years as a Designer overseeing video/motion graphics production
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, work ethic and a desire to be in a media and breaking news environment
- Excellent people skills, must be able to manage creative staff and deadlines
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, 3D, video production
- Strong editorial background/experience
- Detail-oriented with proficiency at managing multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Ability to think & communicate clearly and effectively, contributing to all discussions and strategy during the entire design process, from concept through completion
- Superior typography and design sensibilities
- BFA in Graphic/Digital Design or Animation
- 5 Years Experience in Graphic Design/Digital/Broadcast
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.