Art Director, ABC NewsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10009544 Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney General Entertainment Content Date posted Jul. 26, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The ABC News Marketing team is looking for an Art Director to act as the creative liaison between the artists in the graphics department and the ABC News editorial team on specific projects or shows. In this role you will get to collaborate with producers, directors and graphic artists to bring editorial ideas to life. We are looking for a highly creative, innovative and organized leader that is excited to work in a fast-paced News environment. This role will report to the Creative Director – Graphics for ABC News.
- Creative liaison between the artists in the graphics department and the ABC News production editorial team.
- Collaborates with producers and directors and works with graphic artists to visualize editorial ideas to translate and improve upon initial concepts.
- Continue to drive creativity while remaining organized and able to handle creative pressures under extreme deadlines.
- Manage quick turnaround of graphics assets, work well on a team and with a wide range of people --or independently as the situation demands.
- Able to synthesize creative asks and requirements and make decisions about production capabilities and challenges.
- Create graphics and manage artists and projects with great competence and skill.
- Must have 5 years as a designer overseeing video/motion graphics production in a broadcast environment.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, work ethic and a desire to be in a media and breaking news environment.
- Excellent people skills - must be able to manage creative staff and relationships with production.
- Hands-on proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of graphics software such as VizRt, XPression, C4D, and Maya is a welcome bonus.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, 3D, video production
- Live graphics production experience
- Strong editorial background/experience.
- Detail-oriented with proficiency at managing multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Ability to think & communicate clearly and effectively, contributing to all discussions and strategy during the entire design process, from concept through completion
- Superior typography and design sensibilities
- BFA in Graphic/Digital Design or Animation
About Disney General Entertainment Content:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.