Already applied?View Dashboard
Art Director, ESPN+Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 622199BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jan. 07, 2019
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; the upcoming Disney streaming service, Disney+; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. In addition to first-party apps, Disney Streaming operates the flagship NHL app and out-of-market package, NHL.TV, in partnership with the National Hockey League. Its core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
Disney Streaming Services is a place for the creative and the bold. As Art Director you will be teaming up with a Design Director and responsible for the design and creation of creative tool kits for all things digital including banner ads, website assets, and social media assets. You must be a stickler for consistency within brand and style guides, including visual hierarchy, color, typography and animation to interactive experiences.
If you are excited about joining a multi-disciplinary team, pushing the boundaries of sports and entertainment content and technology in a fast-paced consumer driven marketing environment, we’d want to hear from you.
Please provide links and/or a portfolio of your published work.
- Ability to translate keyart and campaigns into visually descriptive, impactful designs.
- Resizing assets and localizing for different banner units.
- Collaborating with marketing and web engineers to align on deliverables and timing
- Presentation design by collaborating with stakeholders and optimizing for email and onsite presentations.
- Precise file naming and building.
- The ideal candidate will have 4+ years of experience working as a digital first designer within a performance marketing environment.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, with a working knowledge of After Effects and Animate CC.
- Must have compositing, logo and digital design skills within in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, to take direction, and to work as part of a team
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adobe Animate, HTML5 and CSS knowledge a plus.
- Candidates who have experience working on sports, lifestyle brands, or entertainments brands a plus.
- Only candidates with portfolios, or examples of their work, will be considered
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.