Art Director, ESPN+Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 762484BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jun. 17, 2020
Disney Streaming Services is a place for the creative and the bold. We are looking for an experienced hands-on Art Director to translate our digital marketing efforts into a visual cohesive strategy. This role is for ESPN+, so the ideal candidate will have previous sports design experience. This role will support combat sports, so knowledge of various leagues is a must.
As Art Director you should demonstrate excellent design and digital skills combined with knowledge of the latest marketing techniques. As Art Director you will collaborate with a small team of Visual, Production and Motion Designers providing guidance and fostering ideas to launch new impressive marketing initiatives. You will create design concepts and strategies for campaigns and monitor its process through all stages of production. The ideal candidate has a passion for design, sports and data; with experience in marketing and a proven record of bringing campaigns to life across digital and social platforms. You must be able to communicate your design concepts clearly and show experience collaborating with different teams to ensure brand consistency. Our goal is to achieve the best possible outcome by exceeding our customer expectations and driving sustainable growth.
Along with your application, please submit a portfolio and resume.
- Conceive and implement design concepts, guidelines and strategies in various digital marketing projects and oversee them to completion
- Team up with Copywriters and Digital Production Designers in crafting highly impactful and scalable media campaigns
- Motivate and mentor Visual, Production and Motion Designers to help them use their talents effectively
- Collaborate with Design Director and marketing teams to on-board clients’ requirements
- Work along Copywriters to marry well-crafted copy with smart, scalable designs that meet marketing goals
- Collaborate with Motion Studio team in bringing designs to life
- Lead conversations with excellent communication skills
- Establish goals and priorities for the team, as well as direct reports
- Revise content and presentations, approve/reject ideas, provide feedback to the team
- Monitor results of team efforts and propose actions for the future
- This position will support combat sports, knowledge of various leagues is a strong preference.
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience working as an Art Director or similar role within the Digital Design industry
- Has executed email campaigns and lifecycle marketing activations
- Candidates who have experience working on sports, lifestyle brands, or entertainment brands are a plus
- Hands-on experience in the creative process, marketing, graphic design and brand development
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and InDesign as well as Sketch, HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of Cinema 4D a plus
- Outstanding organization skills
- Exemplary interpersonal and analytical abilities
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have digital production skills creating digital assets in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- Only candidates with portfolios, or examples of their work, will be considered
- BA/BS in Design, Fine Art, Advertising or relevant field
- MA/MS will be considered an asset
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.