Asset Protection Agent (FT)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 746657BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Store Date posted Feb. 06, 2020
Responsibilities:The Asset Protection Agent is used to aid the store team in supporting a safe and secure environment for Cast Members and Guests. This is accomplished through proactive deterrence, identification and resolution associated to suspicious activity and potential unsafe behaviors. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
- Acts as a visible deterrent to potential risk at store entrances/exits and throughout site maintaining high visibility, monitoring for, responding to and escalating incidents of suspicious activity, unsafe behaviors and other potential workplace security concerns
- Utilizes specialized training related to Retail Counter-Terrorism and TWDC Workplace Security Programs to identify, deter and report associated activity (i.e. aggressive/escalated behavior, civil unrest protests, imminent threat, terrorism, etc.)
- Conducts onsite security/safety inspections (in person and via CCTV), responding to and escalating identified risks to Store Leadership and Corporate Loss Prevention/Safety
- Supports emergency preparedness and crisis response programs to help mitigate potential impacts, support Cast and Guest needs and promote a risk adverse culture
- Supports Store Leadership with deterrence and response to aggressive theft activity/organized retail crime, escalated Guest interactions and assists store Cast with response to Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) activations when needed
- Minimum one year Loss Prevention/Security experience within a retail environment
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize and tasks
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success in working in a team environment
- Job may require lifting boxes that weigh up to 40 pounds and climbing a ladder
- Available to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business including overnights, evenings, holidays and weekends
- Three years Loss Prevention/Security experience within a retail environment
- Has a thorough understanding of Loss Prevention and Security procedures, regulations and practices
- Has an understanding of basic Safety practices and procedures
- Working knowledge and experience utilizing retail CCTV systems
- High School Diploma or equivalent
About Disney Store:
Disney store, which debuted in 1987, carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney’s key entertainment initiatives and characters from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel. shopDisney.com is the ecommerce destination for guests of all ages, offering a curated selection of the best product from Disney store, Disney Consumer Products licensees, global collections and collaborations, and Disney Parks and Resorts, including trend fashion and accessories, toys, home and collectibles. Disney store and shopDisney offer magical shopping experiences that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world’s largest and most successful entertainment companies. There are currently more than 240 Disney store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney store locations in Japan; two locations in Shanghai, China including a flagship; and more than 70 Disney store locations in Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Store USA, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Store.
Disney Store USA, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.