Asset Protection Agent - Full TimeApply NowApply Later Job ID 10069878 Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Store Date posted Nov. 15, 2023
About the Role & Team
At Disney, we’re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts, and a cruise line to sports, news, movies, and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance and protect these exciting experiences!
We are seeking an Asset Protection Agent to aid the Disney Store Cast in supporting a safe and secure environment for Cast Members and Guests! This is accomplished through proactive deterrence, identification, and resolution associated with suspicious activity and potential unsafe behaviors.
This role reports to the Asset Protection Manager with daily oversight by Store Leadership.
This position is located at our Times Square Disney Store in New York.
What You Will Do
- Act as a visible deterrent to potential risk at store entrances/exits and throughout the store to maintain high visibility while monitoring and responding to any escalated incidents of suspicious activity, unsafe behaviors, and other potential workplace security concerns
- Use niche training related to Retail Counter-Terrorism and Workplace Security Programs to identify, deter, and report activity related to aggressive behavior, civil unrest protests, imminent threats, terrorism, etc.
- Conduct onsite security and safety inspections (in-person and via CCTV where applicable), respond to raised and identified risks to Store Leadership and Corporate Asset Protection
- Support emergency preparedness and crisis response programs to help mitigate potential impacts
- Support Cast and Guest needs and promote a risk-adverse culture
- Assist store Cast with response to Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) activations when needed
- Conduct camera and alarm monitoring, related incident notification, investigation, trend analysis, and case management documentation
- Conduct Cast Member and vendor site access security screening related to bag/package/coat inspections
- Act as law enforcement liaison and the security/safety point of contact for regional industry and partners
- Demonstrate and act following Disney values, behaviors, and guidelines
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Asset Protection /Loss Prevention/Security experience
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lift boxes that weigh up to 40 pounds and climb a ladder
- Availability to work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the business including evenings, holidays, and weekends
- Detailed understanding of Loss Prevention and Security procedures, regulations, and practices
- Has an understanding of basic Safety practices and procedures
- Experience utilizing retail CCTV systems
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
The pay rate for this role in New York, NY is $16.00 to $20.50 per hour.
About Disney Store:
Disney store, which debuted in 1987, carries high-quality products, including exclusive product lines that support and promote Disney’s key entertainment initiatives and characters from Disney, Pixar, Star Wars and Marvel. shopDisney.com is the ecommerce destination for guests of all ages, offering a curated selection of the best product from Disney store, Disney Consumer Products licensees, global collections and collaborations, and Disney Parks and Resorts, including trend fashion and accessories, toys, home and collectibles. Disney store and shopDisney offer magical shopping experiences that can only be delivered by Disney, one of the world’s largest and most successful entertainment companies. There are currently more than 240 Disney store locations in North America; more than 40 Disney store locations in Japan; two locations in Shanghai, China including a flagship; and more than 70 Disney store locations in Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Spain, and the United Kingdom.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Store USA, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Store.
Disney Store USA, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.