Assistant Editor-Disney HyperionApply NowApply Later Job ID 770658BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 23, 2021
- Partner with multiple Departments including Design, Marketing, Publicity, and Sales
- Prepare acquisition paperwork, including acquisitions memos and P&Ls; track paperwork for approved projects through the acquisitions process
- Set up acquired projects in title management system
- Draft fact sheets, catalog copy, bound galley copy, and jacket/cover copy
- Send stages of proofs to authors/illustrators for review
- Request ISBNs and maintain title system is up-to-date
- Manage and process payments for titles; track payments and troubleshoot problems
- Order author/illustrator and agent complimentary copies of new releases
- Manage PowerPoint presentations
- Participate in IP brainstorming meetings
- Support editorial development and revisions
- Meet and network with agents
- Acquire one or two projects per calendar year
- 2+ years related work experience
- Proficiency in Office suite
- Interest in and knowledge of YA and middle grade fiction
- Understanding of story, character and the editorial process
- The ability to brainstorm new ideas with a large team
- Bachelor's Degree
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Books, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Buena Vista Books, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.