Already applied?View Dashboard
Assistant EditorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 692588BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Publishing Worldwide Date posted Jul. 31, 2019
- Assist with acquisition memos, proforma sheets, sales material and catalog copy.
- Support executive editor with submission reviews, editorial letters, line edits, copyediting and jacket copy.
- Track all stages of contract execution, material delivery and talent payment.
- Manage administrative details, including: maintaining accurate metadata; overseeing Library of Congress cataloging process; submitting expense reports; sending/tracking packages; coordinating meetings; keeping up-to-date title schedules.
- Contribute to regular editorial and other relevant team meetings.
- Attend industry events as needed.
- Assist with backlist title management, including paperback releases, reprints and series updates.
- Assist with author/illustrator travel and event planning.
- Coordinate author fan mail.
- Assist with foreign language translations and custom publications.
- Acquire and lead edit 2-3 titles per year.
- 2 + years office work experience
- 2 + years editing and copy writing experience
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize in a high volume environment
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to multitask successfully
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- BA or equivalent in a related field of study
About Disney Publishing Worldwide:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Books, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Publishing Worldwide.
Buena Vista Books, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.