Assistant EditorApply NowApply Later Job ID 916227BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Jan. 10, 2022
Support FunctionSupport Supervising Editor on their respective projects. These responsibilities include:
- Report to Senior/Executive Editor on all aspects of book production. This includes:
- Proofread manuscripts
- Maintain communication with freelance artists and writers and provide feedback on story and art
- Set Deadlines for talent
- Traffic materials
- Coordinate with Production, Manufacturing and other departments to ship the book
- Coordinate with senior editorial staff to ensure that character and content developments are planned and shared with the entire staff
- Assist Supervising Editor to develop new series ideas and initiate projects
- Various writing responsibilities (solicitation text, letters columns, ad copy)
- Gather reference materials for freelancers
Title ManagementDirect Management of titles. These responsibilities include:
- Coordinate between Supervising Editor, marketing, sales, and senior management to create books aimed at specific target demographics
- Track/organize/schedule/traffic titles
- Maintain editorial policy and style
- Provide final sign-off and approval on all vouchers and payments for work for respective titles
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Practiced documentation skills
- Experience managing style and method of standards for creative products
- Basic computer skills
- BA in Journalism, English, Writing, Dramaturgy or related field
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Worldwide, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Worldwide, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.