Assistant Manager, Content Marketing & Community EngagementApply NowApply Later Job ID 794104BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Theatrical Group Date posted May 14, 2021
The ideal candidate thrives in an agile and collaborative environment, is willing to take risks, share innovative ideas, and has a deep passion for the Disney brand and live entertainment. Experience with all aspects of social media and an avid user of diverse social platforms, especially in-platform content creation (Instagram, Tik Tok, Snapchat), is required for this role.
As a content creator for Disney Theatrical Group, you must have a passion for storytelling and be able to craft stories with care through the lens of all communities, identities and cultures.
While community management and content creation are at the core of this role, you will aid in the strategy, tactics and support needs across the four main pillars of work focused on by the Content Marketing & Community Engagement team.
- Community Management
- Content Marketing
- Content Creation
- Influencer and UGC Activations
- Maintain the day-to-day responsibilities of all active accounts owned by Disney Theatrical Group.
- Execute on social media strategy by creating innovative, engaging and timely content via mobile device or other portable technologies. Will collaborate with video and technology teams as directed.
- Ideate new content ideas that align with business goals.
- Partner with communications, sales and production teams to understand business priorities and objectives.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with Disney partners to establish trust and engagement with other teams.
- Demonstrate innovation, creativity and thoughtful integration through all work.
- Review analytics on performances, views, and engagement and makes recommendations for future campaigns.
- Research current events and news relevant to the industry and community that can be promoted and discussed.
- Stay up-to-date on social media trends and platforms to better develop content strategies and campaigns. Platforms include, but not limited to, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat and Tik Tok.
- Experience in managing multiple social media accounts.
- Ability to curate meaningful content that speaks to diverse audience segments and willingness to develop strategies and content that attract interest in new audiences.
- Experience writing social copy for various social media platforms including, but not limited to, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat and Tik Tok.
- Demonstrated ability of video editing.
- Experience in self producing compelling and engaging social content.
- A passion for social media and current trends.
- Skill in basic photography, animation, graphic design and layout.
- Demonstrate strong creative, original and outside the box thinking.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a group as well as independently with little supervision.
- Openness to feedback with the ability to defend a creative choice while respectfully managing revisions.
- Solution-oriented perspective that manages change well.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and work within a deadline-oriented environment.
- Proactive mindset.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends as needed.
- Willingness to try new things and gain new skills.
- Curious mindset and willingness to explore new outlets to tell our stories.
- Commitment to actively being part of and supporting a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Can formulate and communicate a point of view.
- A proactive self-starting approach and eager to learn.
- Ability to navigate a complex organization.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media goals and metrics.
Additional Information:DTG is committed to providing the highest quality opportunities for the widest, most diverse group of talented professionals throughout their career trajectory. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, ability, and sexual orientation.
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Theatrical Group.
Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.