Already applied?View Dashboard
Assistant Manager, Licensed PublishingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 588615BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Aug. 30, 2018
Job Summary:Working closely with the Director, Licensed Publishing, this individual will be responsible for managing specific segments of Marvel’s domestic and international licensed publishing business including licensing approvals, project management, contract administration, financial analysis and new business development in order to contribute to the overall team objectives and drive revenue.
Position will be based in New York City.
Responsibilities:• Day to day management of licensed publishing partners including collaborating on asset sourcing, managing approval of submissions, coordinating production schedules and managing workflow with freelance editorial and design resources.
• Successfully manage licensing agreements from term sheet through execution including entry in to Marvel’s deal tracking systems, contract generation, product submission and licensee compliance with terms of agreement.
• Work with the Director, Licensed Publishing to partner with the brand management and editorial teams to align publishing plans and product development with overall brand strategies
• Effectively manage financial forecasting process and track ongoing business
• Collaborative role interacts with various teams across the organization including Legal, Finance, Production, Editorial and Sales.
• Analyze existing business and industry trends to maximize opportunities and seek out and secure new business
• Represent Marvel at major industry trade shows such as New York ComicCon and Book Expo America
- Collaborative, team player must have minimum of 3 years' licensed publishing experience either at a publishing house or licensor.
- Familiarity with licensed publishing contract terms and contract administration.
- Strong project management skills including generation of scheduling documents and management of team members.
- Must be comfortable presenting in front of clients.
- Strategic thinker with proven ability to work well in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment
Preferred Qualifications:Fluency in foreign languages is a plus.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Worldwide, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Worldwide, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.