Already applied?View Dashboard
Assistant Managing Editor, Special ProjectsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 711169BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Oct. 03, 2019
- Along with Associate Managing Editor, meet with series editors on a regular basis to review schedules for comics and collections
- Help organize notes and compile changes to provide to Publishing Operations
- Editor for quarterly bookstore catalog
- Compile solicits/covers
- Oversee design/production
- Distribute PDFs to VP, Production and Special Projects; Associate Managing Editor; Director, Book Market Specialty Sales; and SVP Print, Sales & Marketing
- Consolidate notes for designer
- Transmit completed files to printer
- Compile solicits and covers for collections section of Marvel Previews
- Ongoing proofing/corrections
- Collections assistant editor
- Create book maps to determine order of contents
- Write and edit cover copy
- Proof files to ensure print-readiness
- Prepare and transfer files to printers
- Intern management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Proficiency with the MS Office Suite, especially Word and Excel
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Basic knowledge of Marvel Comics and its characters
Required EducationBA / BS Degree
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Worldwide, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Worldwide, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.