Already applied?View Dashboard
Assistant Story EditorApply Now Job ID 493553BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Media Networks Brand Disney ABC Television Group Date posted 09/29/2017
ABC News is looking for an Assistant Story Editor.Apply Now
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities include booking, pitching story ideas and administrative work such as fielding phones and correspondence; managing schedules; organizing and booking travel; following up on and completing expenses; preparing research on stories, coming in at 7 am to cover morning headlines a few days a week to look for stories of interest; Pitch stories, develop and book stories for 20/20 and ABC News platforms; Breaking News coverage. Monday thru Friday but available to work weekends when breaking news requires.
- Strong organizational and communication skills are required.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Candidate will need to have flexibility with work hours and start times depending on broadcast needs.
- Must be familiar with digital tools and social media.
- Must have an interest in the editorial process.
- Candidates are expected to perform well under pressure and in breaking news situations.
- Additional technical skills -- working knowledge of Avid, shooting skills a plus, strong social media and computer skills.
- BA or equivalent combination of education and/or experience