Assistant Touring Retail ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 961518BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Theatrical Group Date posted Apr. 18, 2022
|It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, inclusion, collaboration, and creativity. Stories shape how we see ourselves and everyone around us. As storytellers, we have the power to not only uplift and inspire, but also to champion the spectrum of voices in our world. If you want to help tell compelling, diverse, and enduring stories through movies, music, or live theater, then we want to hear from you.|
Disney Theatrical Group is seeking a highly collaborative individual with effective communication & organizational skills with superior sales charisma to join our team as an Assistant Tour Retail Manager. In this role, you will travel domestically with our Aladdin tour to assist in the management of day-to-day retail sales & operations for the tour. The ideal candidate should have a positive attitude with the ability to motivate others while working in a fast-paced ever-changing environment to achieve results. This role requires traveling 100% of the year.
- Assist in the management of the day-to-day operation and sales generation of merchandise for the tour.
- Contribute to the advancement of the sales operation during the tour and assist with the smooth transition between venues.
- Stepping in to take on the operational duties of the Retail Manager on an as-needed basis.
- Maximize profit and minimize loss through effective management of stock, cash, and assets.
- Communicate effectively with theatre management & Disney personnel to facilitate daily operations including staffing, banking, deliveries, and stock & cash movement; both whilst at the theatre and planning to future venues.
- Maintain accurate records including sales, stock, cash movement, staffing hours, and all relevant paperwork.
- Maintaining an accurate Point of Sale (POS) system and Credit Card Machine. This includes tier one trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Conduct and provide sales analysis; effective feedback; new ideas and strategies to help achieve goals.
- Follow set policies & procedures, guidelines, and best practices when dealing with stock, cash, equipment, and communication, providing consistency and upholding Disney standards.
- Hire and train temporary sales associates, ensure adequate personnel is on hand to provide outstanding guest service. Partnering with Contingent Workforce Management Group and Temp agencies in the process. Maintain up-to-date temp staff database.
- Effectively supporting the daily operations and goals of the management team.
- Maintain the merchandise trailer as an effective stockroom whilst onsite, and prepare for transport between markets.
- Physical load in and load out of all retail kiosks, equipment and stock in each tour market. This also includes receiving in and storage of weekly product stock deliveries (8-12 pallets per shipment).
- At least 1 year in a retail management or guest service management Role.
- Experience in operations, cash handling, and inventory management.
- Demonstrated ability to train, manage & motivate staff to achieve sales goals.
- Ability to work collaboratively and provide timely and effective communication to Tour Retail Manager, Senior Tour Retail Manager, Director of Merchandise, and all internal & external partners.
- Excellent communication and guest service skills.
- Ability to manage POS and reporting systems and maintain accurate records to minimize loss.
- Proven success in sales planning and cost management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced ever-changing environment to achieve results.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work remotely & obtain what is needed from the Line Manager.
- Travel requirements: This role will travel with the production 100% of the year going to domestic tour markets for 1-week engagements.
- Must be capable of lifting and maneuvering a minimum of 60lbs on a consistent and daily basis.
- Must be able to handle a physically strenuous work environment for 10+ hours.
- Flexible in working hours and conditions in tour markets (e.g. adjusted work hours, shift coverage, etc.)
- Commitment to actively being part of and supporting a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Attends and participates in equity, diversity & inclusion, anti-harassment, and any other anti-bias training and workshops as required.
- Models and supports the mission and values of The Walt Disney Company and Disney Theatrical Group by demonstrating inclusive behavior and maintaining a safe and professional working environment.
- Experience working in a tour and/or theatre/event environment.
- Experience working remotely to achieve company standards and excel in sales.
- Experience working in visual merchandising.
Additional Information:DTG is committed to providing the highest quality opportunities for the widest, most diverse group of talented professionals throughout their career trajectory. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, disability status, and sexual orientation.
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd., which is part of a business we call Disney Theatrical Group.
Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.