Already applied?View Dashboard
Assistant Touring Retail ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 543312BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand Disney Theatrical Group Date posted 04/02/2018
Job Summary:Disney Theatrical Productions (DTP) operates under the direction of Thomas Schumacher and is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, bringing live entertainment events to a global annual audience of more than 19 million people in more than 50 countries. Under the Disney Theatrical Productions banner, the group produces and licenses Broadway productions around the world, including Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Elton John & Tim Rice’s Aida, TARZAN®, Mary Poppins, a co-production with Cameron Mackintosh, The Little Mermaid, Peter and the Starcatcher, Newsies, and Aladdin. Frozen, based on the Academy Award®-winning film, will open on Broadway in 2018. Other successful stage musical ventures have included the Olivier-nominated London hit Shakespeare in Love, stage productions of Disney’s High School Musical, Der Glöckner Von Notre Dame in Berlin, and King David in concert. DTP has collaborated with the country’s leading regional theatres to develop new stage titles including The Jungle Book, The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Freaky Friday.
Disney Theatrical Productions also delivers live shows globally through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Disney Live! For over 30 years, Disney on Ice and Disney Live! have brought beloved Disney stories and characters annually to over 12 million guests in nearly 50 countries worldwide, through productions such as Marvel Universe Live! and Frozen, the most well attended and highest grossing Disney on Ice production to date. In addition, DTP licenses musical titles for local, school and community theatre productions through Music Theatre International, including The Lion King Experience, a unique holistic arts education program wherein accredited elementary and middle schools produce condensed, age-appropriate JR. and KIDS adaptations of The Lion King.
Responsibilities:Accountable for assisting Tour Retail Manager in all aspects of the business & deputising for their role in their absence. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Assist in management of the day-to-day operation and sales generation of merchandise for the Tour.
- Partake in the advancement of the sales operation during the tour, and assisting with the smooth transition between venues.
- Drive sales and profitability by leading temp sales teams to achieve set goals and targets, effective management of stock, cash and assets, and feedback to temp agency on staffing challenges.
- Maximize Profit and Minimize Loss through effective management of stock, cash and assets.
- Communicate effectively with Theatre Management & Disney Personnel to facilitate daily operations including staffing, banking, deliveries and stock & cash movement; both whilst at theatre and planning ahead to future venues
- Maintain accurate records including sales, stock, cash movement, staffing hours and all relevant paperwork. Maintaining an accurate POS system.
- Identify Risk and provide effective & timely solutions.
- Conduct and provide with Sales Analysis; providing effective feedback, new ideas and strategies to help achieve goals.
- Provide timely and effective communication to Tour Retail Manager, Director of Merchandise and all Internal & External Partners.
- Follow set policies & procedures, guidelines and best practice when dealing with stock, cash, equipment and communication; providing consistency and upholding Disney Standards.
- Lead by example for Disney sales techniques and guest service at all times, being an ambassador for the Disney Brand.
- Work side by side with Tour Manager to ensure consistency in management and unified standards to all internal and external parties.
- Minimum 3 years in a Retail Management & Guest Service Role Overseeing Sales Team.
- Proven Experience in Tour and/or Theatre/Event Environment
- Experience Working Remotely from Direct Supervision to Achieve Company Standards and Excel in Sales
- Experience in Operations, Cash Handling and Inventory Management
- Experience of Training, Managing & Motivating staff to Achieve Sales Goals.
- Experience of Managing POS and Reporting System, Maintaining Accurate Records and Minimizing Loss.
- Experience of Liaising with Internal & External Partners to Achieve Goals
- Experience in Visual Merchandising
- 100% Travel Required 52 weeks a year, except when taking Paid Time Off/Vacation.
- Flexible in working hours and conditions in tour markets. Work with tight timelines and urgency.
- Must lift minimum of 40lbs on a consistent and daily basis
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Effective Logistical Planner
- Proven success in sales and profit analysis, sales planning and cost management
- Expert in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Pro-active problem solver
- Ability to drive sales through own actions and staff management
- Adaptable to change and achieve standards through obstacles
- Self-motivated with the ability to work remotely & obtain what is needed from Line Manager
- Ability to promote brand standards and goals to external partners
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Theatrical Group.
Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.