Already applied?View Dashboard
Associate Audio Producer, New MediaApply Now Apply Later Job ID 539791BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand Marvel Date posted 03/27/2018
Job Summary:Marvel New Media is seeking an Associate Audio Producer who will be integral to the operation and growth of the audio component of its studio, field, event, and podcast business. This New York-based production team is tasked with the creation of audio & video content, from promotional material to original entertainment that will be distributed on all key Marvel and social media platforms. This role will report directly to the New Media Audio Producer.
- This candidate will be responsible for editing, mixing, and mastering audio on a variety of new media projects – both non-fiction and narrative based.
- Log tape in Pro Tools and transcribe interviews
- Assist hosts and producers with research and interview prep, often on short notice
- Assist with recordings in studio and in the field – some travel outside of NYC could be possible
- Coordinate tape synch-ers and assisting in booking recording sessions
- Handle the coordination, uploading and publishing of completed episodes – including writing copy for episode descriptions, titles, etc.
- Brainstorm episode topics and guests for both original content and content that supports other Marvel lines of business
- 2+ years of audio editing experience
- Mastery of Pro Tools
- Proficiency in studio, field, and post-production audio work
- Experience working with audio for video and experience or interest in sound design
- Strong communication skills, extreme attention to detail and the ability to multi-task several projects at once
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment while remaining composed and productive
- Ability to take direction and work independently within a collaborative, team setting
- Basic to strong knowledge of the Marvel brand and its characters
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with people at various levels of production
Required EducationBachelor’s degree (TV/Film/Journalism or related field) or equivalent work experience
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Digital Media Group LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel.
Marvel Digital Media Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.