Associate Director, Corporate StrategyApply NowApply Later Job ID 800510BR Location New York, New York, United States Business ESPN Date posted Jun. 08, 2021
- Lead key strategic initiatives for ESPN and develop actionable industry insights for the company
- Identify, integrate and collaborate with key stakeholders across the company in the analytical process
- Prepare, deliver and own communications both to and for senior executives, often based on complex strategic analysis and financial modeling
- Lead research projects, financial modeling and analysis to inform business decisions
- Crystalize key insights from data and communicate complex analyses in an efficient and effective manner to a variety of internal audiences across departments, functions and levels
- Understand trends in the industry and develop points of view on potential business impacts to be shared throughout the company
- Works with internal colleagues across a diverse range of stakeholders across ESPN and DMED including Product, Editorial, Ad Sales, Finance, Legal, Research, Affiliate, Ad Sales, and Business Affairs across key strategic initiatives and priorities
- Manages multiple key projects simultaneously
- A minimum of 7 years of strategy, analytical business development and/or financial experience preferred
- Strong proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel
- Must be comfortable working both independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present to and interface with multiple levels of management including senior executives and external partners companies
- Has deep industry experience and business insight which is utilized to create optimal strategies for the future growth of ESPN
- Understands the competitive landscape and current competitive trends in the media industry. Ability to forecast future trends
- The role requires some travel between Connecticut, NYC, and LA
- A minimum of 4 years of experience at in strategy at a television programming company / sports league, a consulting firm or investment bank
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- MBA preferred, not required
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN, Inc, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.