Already applied?View Dashboard
Associate Director, ESPN+ Consumer ResearchApply Now Apply Later Job ID 658169BR Location New York, New York, United States Business ESPN Date posted May. 06, 2019
Job Summary:The Associate Director, Media Insights is part of ESPN’s Media Insights Group within the Research & Insights Department. The Media Insights team oversees the insight generation and reporting on ESPN’s performance across all platforms and products (TV, Streaming, Digital, Audio and Social) to the company’s key stakeholders.
The Associate Director will focus on supporting ESPN+ (ESPN’s direct to consumer product) stakeholders across ESPN and Disney Streaming Services. They will manage primary and secondary research efforts that include, but are not limited to, understanding the ESPN+ subscriber and potential subscribers, the ESPN+ brand, ESPN+ content, ESPN+ user experience, and the broader direct-to-consumer media landscape. This person should be naturally curious, thoughtful, and creative and have a strong market research background. The individual will have a passion for understanding the sports fan and media industry. This position will report to the Director, Media Insights and collaborate closely with others in the group, as well as across the company and Disney Streaming Services.
- Lead the development and management of primary research for ESPN+ and direct-to-consumer sports business
- Manage vendor selection process and work
- Recommend methods for capturing consumer perception and sentiment
- Design questionnaires and develop discussion guides
- Translate findings and deliver clear actionable insights to senior management
- Be actively aware of sports media and direct-to-consumer media business to develop actionable insights
- Attend and present at meetings with internal departments and/or league partners.
- Should have at least 7 years of market research experience with a corporation, agency, or research supplier.
- Must have a strong background in quantitative methods such as survey development and sampling.
- Must have a strong background in qualitative research methods such as focus groups and consumer panel management.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Understanding of the market positioning and strategies of ESPN and the Walt Disney Company.
- Collaborative nature and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to produce original ideas when analyzing problems.
- Deep knowledge of sports and sports media landscape desired.
- Some familiarity with web and video analytics (Adobe, Conviva, Google Analytics) a plus, but not required.
- Some familiarity with Social analytics
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.