Associate EditorApply NowApply Later Job ID 10016755 Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Aug. 18, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
Marvel Entertainment is seeking a pop culture expert to join Marvel Digital Media in the role of an Associate Editor. Responsible for the creation and curation of content on Marvel.com, the Associate Editor must be an expert in the Marvel Universe with deep knowledge of Marvel characters across comic books, video games and more, in addition to the larger universe of fandom.
- Write, edit and publish website content (news articles, character content, media related content).
- Work closely with the larger Marvel.com editorial team on long-term and short-term content planning in the form of editorial calendars and content plans.
- Participate in the curation of content sections of Marvel.com from a high level, ensuring content meets the company’s quality, promotional and marketing goals.
- Participate in content brainstorms for developing ideas with editorial, social media and video production teams.
- Schedule and manage freelancer content through entire workflow of assignments, delivery, and publishing.
- Facilitate the guidance of content development and editorial direction across editorial team, external resources and with other departments.
- Help develop editorial plans and research topics as needed to aid in editorial content for Marvel.com as well as Marvel’s digital series.
- A degree in Communications, Marketing or English is preferred.
- 1 to 3 years experience writing for an established entertainment outlet, website or publication.
- Intimate knowledge of the Marvel brand, its characters, its history, and the Marvel Universe across multiple media with extra focus on Marvel Comics and video games.
- Knowledge and expertise in web-based publishing, content management systems and content creation tools, including Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience in working with a distributed team in multiple locations, as well as working with remote freelancers.
- Ability to multi-task and work on a number of projects at once.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Digital Media Group LLC, which is part of a business we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Digital Media Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.