Associate iOS Software Engineer
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 771905BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jan. 20, 2021
We are looking for an associate software engineer to join our iOS team. This is an opportunity to work on apps such as Disney+ and ESPN with some of the greatest minds in streaming media. If tackling interesting technical challenges while developing industry leading apps used by tens of millions of people excites you, then this is the role for you.
Why you want to work with us:
- Be mentored by a highly collaborative, world-class team of software engineers
- Work on a cutting-edge and evolving technology stack
- Contribute to award-winning, highly complex apps and systems
- Influence the innovation of high-profile products used globally
- Join an inclusive culture that incorporates diverse perspectives and supports individual needs
What you will do:
- Develop feature-rich native iOS/tvOS applications for iPhones, iPads, Apple Watch, and Apple TV
- Write clear, well-tested, performant code
- Debug production issues and solve novel problems
- Be part of an agile team participating in the full lifecycle of application development (requirements gathering, designing, building, testing, and maintenance)
- Continuously take advantage of opportunities to learn and teach others
What we are looking for:
- Strong programming skills
- Eagerness to learn new technologies and a strong desire to be challenged technically
- A growth mindset and a desire to give and receive feedback
- Experience with the common patterns of application development (e.g. client-server communication, asynchronous programming, and object-oriented programming)
- Foundations in ice magic, balloon-house aerodynamics, and Wakandan geography (or equivalent familiarity with the Kessel Run)
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.