Already applied?View Dashboard
Associate Manager, Content DistributionApply Now Apply Later Job ID 579954BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Aug. 01, 2018
Job Summary:Marvel New Media is seeking an up and coming digital content expert for the role of Associate Manager, Content Distribution. This New York-based team is creating and publishing original content in both video and audio formats that is distributed on Marvel.com, YouTube, social media platforms and podcasts.
- Participate in the oversight of content delivery and distribution operations, including scheduling, publishing and maintenance
- Enforce quality control guidelines and procedures to ensure content deliveries reach the public error free and high quality
- Assist in the uploading of media content (video & audio) to Marvel.com, YouTube and other distribution platforms as needed
- Collaborate with Video and Audio production teams to help streamline workflows and establish best practices for delivering content
- Follow SEO content strategy and best practices for the creation of titles, descriptions, annotations, tags and other metadata to improve content and channel discoverability
- Maintain and organize playlists and other content lists on platforms as needed, as well as maintain organization of library of media assets for long-term storage and access
- Work with production and social team to create and optimize graphic assets, thumbnails, banners and channel art as needed
- Oversee community management and engagement, including comments and moderation, on external platforms
- Assist analytics team to collect key success metrics
- Minimum 1 to 3 years’ experience in digital content and the media & entertainment space
- Experience managing a YouTube Channel, Podcast hosting platforms and other media distribution tools
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Premiere and After Effects as well as the Microsoft Office Applications suite
Required EducationBA/BS Degree
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Digital Media Group LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Digital Media Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.