Already applied?View Dashboard
Associate Manager, Employee Relations (PH)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 623436BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Dec. 21, 2018
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, interactive experiences and products, and media networks. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join our talented team at an unprecedented time of innovation, growth, and excitement as part of the newly formed Direct-to-Consumer and International (“DTCI”) segment, positioned to be an industry leader as a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for world-class content created by Disney’s Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups. This newly formed segment is the most exciting place to be at the Company!
This position will support the establishment and creation of the DTCI Employee Relations function. The Associate Manager, Employee Relations will act as a proactive consultant to the business by implementing strategies that include best practices through collaboration with Human Resource Business Partners (HRBP), and other partners. This role is responsible for handling ER-related issues, including conducting investigations, creating and delivering findings and recommendations, engaging with employees regarding medical or religious accommodations, and working with business leaders and employees to implement performance management strategies and protocols.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to issue spot and analyze employment-related issues
- Able to conduct and manage internal investigations pursuant to established protocols.
- Respond to employee complaints to state and federal administrative agencies.
- Support reduction in workforce efforts by partnering with HR Business Partners and Legal to work through the established processes and assist with compiling documentation and summaries for senior management review.
- Facilitate the interactive process pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADAAA) and other relevant local laws
- Partner with managers, employees and HR business partners to determine and implement reasonable accommodations where appropriate.
- Mastery of leave of absence and ADA accommodation laws
- Support the performance management process by providing general consultation and guidance, including, preparation of written warnings, performance improvement plans, coaching, key messaging and other related documents.
- Provide in-depth expertise, leadership and project management skill application in the development and/or implementation of enterprise and site-specific initiatives, practices, and processes. Create centralized organization, and consistent and automated processes for ER activities to enhance partnerships with clients, HR colleagues, and Legal. This includes the case intake process and management, documentation, tracking systems and reporting.
- Ability to analyze, synthesize and extrapolate key insights gleaned from ER data and analytics, including root cause analysis to sustain overall organizational health
- Cultivate a strong client oriented service rapport with HRBP teams, and other internal partners, that is based on a high level of collaboration and inclusion.
- Facilitate in-person in-house compliance, and other ER-related trainings
- Handle project work as needed, including training and research.
- 3+ years HR, or ER experience or related field
- Ability to assess sensitive and complex employee relations issues in a confidential, objective, and systematic manner that inspires trust
- Ability to work collaboratively, lead and influence at all levels within the organization, and make decisions while keeping all partners and leaders informed
- Strong understanding of all aspects of employment and human resources related laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts and practices, including Title VII, ADA, ADAA and FMLA
- Creative and strategic problem solving skills; ability to effectively resolve conflict
- Advanced communication skills; analyzes, interprets, and provides key and complex communication to team members, clients, and partners, both written and orally
- Strong analytical skills; ability to research, consolidate data and formulate observations/recommendations
- High degree of initiative, independent judgment and discretion
- Excellent writing, grammar, and punctuation skills
- Strong decision making, problem solving, and root cause/analysis skills
- Demonstrated consultative and credibility assessment skills
- Knowledge of employment law and practices; able to comprehend Company policies/guidelines with the ability to effectively apply the knowledge to multiple situations
- Strong project management skills; can effectively handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Juris Doctorate
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Operations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Operations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.