Associate Manager, Publishing Inventory OperationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 986756BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted May 23, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Primarily, this full-time position is in charge of completing work in process jobs in Oracle by acquiring completion letters and bill of lading documents from our vendors and setting the expected inventory in an in-transit state within our system. The Associate Manager, Publishing Inventory Operations ensures distributor interface files process and assign inventory received by our distributors to the exact organizations within our system.
This position will allow Publishing to recognize the state of its inventory and pay its vendor invoices, while also allowing unit costs, cost of goods and sales to calculate and be received within Oracle.
The Associate Manager, Publishing Inventory Operations will investigate and correct inventory receipt errors created from the distributor interface process, investigate on-hand discrepancies between Marvel and its distributors, and adjust inventory discrepancies within Oracle based on those discoveries.
The Associate Manager, Publishing Inventory Operations will also investigate and provide proof to audit questions from the Finance and Accounting departments; and be in charge of the pick release and ship confirm process in Oracle that recognizes inventory produced for comps, subscriptions and other vendors.
- Perform Oracle data processing, such as purchase order receipts, inventory completions, and inventory transfers between suppliers and distributors.
- Prepare and maintain weekly and monthly shipping schedule reports.
- Update shipping schedule constantly to ensure all deliveries are processed.
- Follow up on approval of all vendor purchase orders within Oracle.
- Oversee timely delivery of shipping documents and reports.
- Validate shipping report accuracy and resolve reporting and documentation discrepancies.
- Execute inventory transaction adjustments and run distributor interface reports.
- Analyze inventory discrepancies between Marvel and its distributors.
- Liaise among distributors, printers and shipping manager to resolve inventory discrepancies.
- Process necessary inventory transactions in Oracle upon reconciliation.
- Run and maintain various receiving and distributor inventory reports in Oracle.
- Initiate and track inventory transfers between distributors.
- Create and process sales orders within Oracle order management responsibility.
- Validate inventory availability for sales order releases in Oracle.
- Process pick release and ship confirm non-distributor sales orders in Oracle.
- Proven work history in inventory management and/or relevant work experience.
- BA / BS degree in applicable fields of study or relevant work experience.
- Must have experience in data management, data processing and troubleshooting.
- Experience in the publishing, toy, gift, collectibles, and/or novelties industry.
- Must be computer savvy. Knowledge of how to use a PC is required.
- Any knowledge of Oracle Applications is a plus. Must have some type of database experience.
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task within a deadline setting.
- Proven ability to work in an agile, fast-paced environment with multiple teams.
- Must have a reverence for accuracy and be committed to data entry.
- Must be an Excel super-user. VLookups and pivot table knowledge is required.
- Knowledge of Marvel publishing history not required but a plus.
Required EducationBA / BS degree in applicable fields of study or relevant work experience.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Worldwide, Inc., which is part of a business we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Worldwide, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.