Associate Manager, Social Ad Integration & StrategyApply NowApply Later Job ID 820073BR Location New York, New York, United States; Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN and Sports Content Date posted Jun. 28, 2021
Responsibilities:Collaboration, innovation, effort, and fun are at the core of this team and every day is game day. ESPN is seeking an Associate Manager, Ad Integration & Strategy who will function across ESPN Creative Studio (ESPN’s Creative Agency), Disney Ad Sales, and the ESPN Social/Digital Video production teams to ensure an always-on partnership focused on the development and distribution of engaging branded & integrated content that will thrive on ESPN-branded social media and talent channels.
- Be the catalyst driving strategic partner solutions for branded and integrated content throughout the RFP process. Activate and align resources across ESPN Creative Studio to support revenue driving projects.
- Manage advertising social campaigns and partnerships with on-air talent, as part of ESPN’s growing talent influencer strategy.
- Attend and participate in all necessary social editorial and ESPN Creative Studio meetings, including campaign brainstorms and kick-offs with external creative partners.
- Participate in the RFP process by brainstorming and providing insights for creative writers/developers.
- Educate others on social best practices.
- Maintain a deep understanding of all social platforms, including the frequent product and algorithm changes, and how both impact the ability to create and distribute marketing content. Maintain a critical eye over content quality and brand tone.
- Define KPIs to track success before and after social campaigns
- Stay up to date on the latest social media tools and trends, including an understanding of how other companies are leveraging social for brand extensions
- Output subject to oversight by supervisors and peers to ensure audience interest, accuracy, and adherence to established editorial procedures and legal requirements.
- Elite knowledge of the sports landscape, including current athletes, rules, and events
- Sound editorial judgment, writing and editing skills
- Sports take place on nights, weekends and holidays and those shifts will often be required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in social media, social marketing, or a closely related field 2+ years’ experience using video editing software (e.g. Final Cut, Premiere, After Effects)
- A minimum of 1 year experience using photo editing software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign)
- Ability to react quickly and positively under pressure
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Appreciation for and understanding of pop culture
- Familiarity with ESPN’s content across multiple platforms
- ECommanding knowledge of social media trends Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, journalism, communications OR related field OR a high school diploma and a suitable combination of related training and experience.
- Experience working with brands or agencies on social campaigns
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience using video or photo editing software (e.g. Final Cut, After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop)
- Experience tracking and reporting for paid Social campaigns
- Understanding of paid social across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube, including ad products, emerging offerings and platform-specific functionalities.
- Experience building presentations, both pitches and recaps, for leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, journalism, communications OR related field OR a high school diploma and a suitable combination of related training and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, broadcasting, communications or closely related field.
About ESPN and Sports Content:
The ESPN and Sports Content group acquires and produces ESPN’s live sports programming, as well as sports news and original and non-scripted sports-related content, for The Walt Disney Company’s cable channels, ESPN+, and ABC.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN and Sports Content.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.