Associate Motion DesignerApply NowApply Later Job ID 820656BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 19, 2021
As an Associate Motion Designer you will report to the Motion Design Lead and will collaborate with the creative, marketing, and brand teams to produce the highest quality content possible. This position is for candidates that are hungry to tell a visual story and someone who is constantly learning and evolving visually with a passion for motion design trends.
If you are excited about joining a multi-disciplinary team, pushing the boundaries of sports and entertainment content and technology in a fast paced consumer driven marketing environment, we want to hear from you.
Along with your application, please submit a portfolio with a demo reel to your published work.
- Understand best practices for short-form content on social platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Tik Tok and Twitter
- Design loop animations and long form social media posts
- Convert static keyart into engaging motion assets
- Work alongside creative colleagues and stakeholders to interpret briefs and create the best work
- 0-2 years professional Marketing / Communications experience either content publishing, in-house or at an agency
- A solid reel with a strong sense of typography, logos and text animation, GIFs, interactive illustrations, and style frames
- Demonstrate well executed designs in motion for social platforms.
- Competency in After Effects and a basic understanding of a diverse range of motion design software, plugins, techniques, and approach
- Eager to learn and provide design solutions based on design lead feedback
- Can easily multi-task
- Commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate across teams and turn marketing goals into action
- BONUS: Understanding of Cinema 4D and redshift rendering.
- Only candidates with portfolios, or examples of their work, will be considered
- BA/BFA in advertising, fine art, design or relevant field;
- MA/MFA will be considered an asset
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.