Already applied?View Dashboard
Associate Principal Counsel – Walt Disney TelevisionApply Now Apply Later Job ID 698416BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Aug. 22, 2019
The Walt Disney Company’s New York Legal Affairs Department is seeking an Associate Principal Counsel to report to the Assistant Chief Counsel, Legal Affairs, New York. This position currently supports the following clients:
- ABC News
- Owned Television Station Group
- ABC News Radio
- Lincoln Square Productions (a production unit within ABC News)
- The primary responsibilities include preparing and negotiating all agreements for the clients, including, without limitation, talent, production services, program license, license, distribution, releases, vendors, equipment leases, venue/location, third party materials licenses, syndication, sponsorship and promotion, non-disclosure/confidentiality, technology; and radio network affiliation.
- The position is also responsible for counseling the clients regarding trademark, copyright and other intellectual property issues and providing general deal structure and legal advice.
- A minimum of six (6) or more years of combined experience in a law firm or media company.
- Candidate must have experience drafting and negotiating various production and television contracts.
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven client relationship skills
- Must be team-oriented with a solution-oriented approach to legal issues
- Self-motivated, with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work quickly and collaboratively under tight deadlines.
- Previous experience as a production counsel
- Experience with respect to guild and union agreements
- Related experience in entertainment-related field, with emphasis on contracts, copyright, trademark and other intellectual property law.
- Knowledge of privacy law/issues helpful
- Must have a 4-year degree and a J.D.
- Must be a member in good standing of a State Bar.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.