Associate Principal CounselApply NowApply Later Job ID 841268BR Location New York, New York, United States Business ABC News Date posted Aug. 27, 2021
Responsibilities:The primary responsibilities include preparing and negotiating all agreements for the clients, including, without limitation, talent, production services, program license, license, distribution, releases, vendors, equipment leases, venue/location, third party materials licenses, syndication, sponsorship and promotion, non-disclosure/confidentiality, technology; and radio network affiliation. The position is also responsible for counseling the clients regarding trademark, copyright and other intellectual property issues and providing general deal structure and legal advice.
- Admission and good standing status in a state Bar association with the willingness and qualification to be Authorized House Counsel under Chapter 17, of the Rules Regulating The New York Bar
- At least five (5) years of legal experience
- Candidate must have experience drafting and negotiation various production contracts.
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven client relationship skills
- Must be team-oriented with a solution-oriented approach to legal issues
- Self-motivated, with outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to communicate complex concepts and issues effectively with all levels and management
- Ability to multi-task and work quickly and collaboratively under tight deadlines.
Preferred Qualifications:Previous experience as a production counsel preferred
- JD or equivalent
- Strong academic credentials
Additional Information:#legalaffairs #LI-JB3
About ABC News:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call ABC News.
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.