Associate Producer, ABC News DigitalApply Now Apply Later Job ID 762157BR Location New York, New York, United States Business ABC News Date posted Jun. 01, 2020
The ideal candidate is a digitally savvy journalist with proven experience reporting and writing news – especially news features.
She or he will have a strong sense of how to approach a story holistically – weaving together scripts from producers, their own reporting, videos, photos and social embeds to create stories that are sharp, informative and highly visual. The role is for evening hours although flexibility is required.
- Support the team in all aspects of digital production, with an emphasis on writing articles for ABCNews.com in coordination with producers at various shows and platforms, and turning scripts from "World News Tonight" and ABC News Live.
- Manage/update multiple show pages.
- A strong background in news writing, script-turning and AP style is a must.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in a newsroom.
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter who would be able to work independently on stand-alone assignments, including day-of-air pieces with a fast turnaround, and be willing to work flexible hours.
- This person needs to be able to take a creative approach to storytelling, using text pieces, video and social platforms in a way that highlights and features our shows’ content in an effective way.
- A strong grasp of social media engagement and growth, as well as social video editing experience is preferred.
- This candidate must also have a strong understanding of Avid Newscutter, basic HTML coding and CMS system functions.
Required EducationBachelor’s degree from a 4-year accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
About ABC News:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC News.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.