Already applied?View Dashboard
Associate Product Manager(Web Products)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 554881BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Media Networks Brand Disney ABC Television Group Date posted May. 14, 2018
Job Summary:ABC News Digital is looking for an Associate Product Manager to focus on building world-class web experiences, with a strong emphasis on wire framing, user testing, and trouble shooting. The ideal candidate is collaborative, passionate about UX and has demonstrated an ability to build and launch market-leading products.
The ABC News Digital product development team is responsible for building the next generation of news experiences for all digital platforms. As a member of this team, you will work with engineers, designers, business development, sales, marketing, editorial and external partners to coordinate regular support for launched products and features. You will monitor trends and news in the digital space, monitor usage and gather feedback from users, conduct research, and strive to improve the user experience and advertising revenue potential of ABC News’ digital offerings.
In this role, you will focus on Good Morning America brand new digital properties. This role will focus on stabilization and optimization of the existing feature set and building out useful and delightful new experiences.
- Manage the lifecycle of new programs and projects -- from requirements to launch
- Help manage the launch of new and/or improved digital news experiences.
- Apply insights from testing and other user research efforts to inform product optimizations and new product development.
- Work with the product and technology teams to design, execute and evaluate the performance of cross platform A/B tests.
- Be an expert in digital content development trends.
- Identify bugs and work to resolve them quickly.
- Work closely with the Director of Product Development to ensure successful delivery of projects/products that align with business objectives, product goals and users’ needs.
- Work strategically to develop and promote product roadmaps; create specific project plans
- Document and validate product requirements with help from functional and technical leads
- Coordinate process and execution across the Creative, Editorial, Production, Technology, Operations, Sales, and Business Development teams
- Clearly organize and forecast deliverables and dependencies
- Manage scope and execute change control when additional requests for features or functionality are made
- Proactively identify any risk or conflicts based upon creative, editorial, technology or business factors
- Minimum two years(2) experience working in the digital space
- Personality suited to handle responsibility, leadership and deadlines under pressure
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills; attention to detail
- Stellar written and oral communication skills; ability to motivate and mentor a team
- Passion for the news and lifestyle industries
- Accustomed to driving results in collaborative, cross-functional environments with little instruction or oversight.
- One or more years experience working in product management
- Previous experience in an editorial-driven environment with a focus in lifestyle content
- Previous experience working in a data driven environment
- Previous start-up experience and/or work in a social media product space
- Previous experience working with an A/B testing program
Required EducationBA or BS from four year accredited college or university
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.