Associate Software Engineer
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 778689BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Mar. 30, 2021
Job Summary:We are looking for a talented front-end engineer to join a team that creates large-scale, highly-performant web applications. This team transforms large, complex datasets into fast and responsive user interfaces used by millions of people.
This position is located in New York, NY. We believe we offer unique opportunities for any technologist, including:
- The ability to work on a bleeding edge technology stack.
- Influencing the innovation of products used globally by millions.
- An open, team-driven environment that fosters constructive feedback and collective problem-solving
- Work on a modern stack including React, NodeJS, Amazon Web Services.
- Enforce code quality through test driven development.
- Distill product requirements into design and technical specifications.
- Collaborate closely with other engineering, product, and marketing teams to define product requirements.
- 1-3 years experience building web applications.
- Experience in a NodeJS application development environment.
- Proven ability to integrate with service APIs and/or SDKs.
- Familiarity with asynchronous code execution (Promises, async/await)
- Hands on experience with React/Redux in a production application.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.