Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 643754BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jan. 23, 2022
Disney Streaming Services (DSS) is looking for a talented and motivated Software Engineer to join the Payment team.
This team manages the payments of millions of customers and is responsible for integrating with different payment processors. This payment engine is our multi-tenant system which handles the payment processing for Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu and our upcoming Star. We own a set of Tier 1 services which are needed to be highly available, scalable and resilient.
We are a fast paced and fast growing team, you will have influence over the technical direction and architecture for the services and tools built by the team. You will also have an opportunity to learn about the international landscape and challenges in the area of payments as we keep rapidly growing our streaming services around the world over the next few years.
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 1 to 5 years of experience in backend development.
- Experience working with at least one Object Oriented Language like C++, Java (or JVM variant languages like Scala, Kotlin)
- Knowledge/experience with AWS products and services (ECS, S3, DynamoDB, SQS, Kinesis, etc.) or other cloud providers.
- Experience working on relational and/or noSQL databases.
- Previous experience taking ownership of features/functionality and delivering projects end-to-end with high quality and robust architecture.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with multi-functional business partners
- Ability to investigate any technical component as well as understand and drive the overall systems architecture.
- Functional programming experience.
- Experience designing and implementing large scale distributed systems.
- Previous work with distributed teams.
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new domains and technologies.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.