Already applied?View Dashboard
Associate Video Streaming EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 524151BR Location New York, New York, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Brand BAMTECH Media Date posted May. 03, 2018
BAMTECH is a leading technology services and video streaming company owned by The Walt Disney Company, MLBAM, and the National Hockey League. Our proprietary technology provides direct-to-consumer video solutions, especially for live events with high viewership, offering viewers high-quality visuals any time and on any device.
At BAMTECH, we are the industry leader in the delivery of premium digital media directly to consumers. We provide peerless media products for numerous partners including:
Our environment is incredibly dynamic, fast-paced, and sophisticated. This is an entry level position on our Media Delivery live team, which is responsible for the encoding, and delivery of, media content across BAMTECH vast portfolio. It is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to start a career in the live streaming space, while working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and sophisticated technical environment. While there will be plenty of on-the-job training, the ideal candidate would have some background in audio/video production technologies, IT system administration and streaming media delivery protocols, including HTTP Live Streaming.
This position is part time and will require midafternoon, night and weekend hours as part of its normal shift.
- Operational support of video and audio live encoding appliances.
- Primary troubleshooting of encoding platforms.
- Deployment and daily management of live encoding appliances.
- Active monitoring of live encoding appliances on a nightly basis.
- Basic knowledge of live acquisition and OTT encoding distribution workflows for live events and linear channels.
- Ability to quickly identify and resolve issues in a live production environment.
- Ability to work in both Mac and Windows environment.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Basic Linux command line skills.
- Understanding of Windows logs, services and registry.
- Knowledge of IP video delivery protocols (HLS, MPEG-TS via multicast, RTMP, DASH).
- Basic understanding of Video compression codecs.
- Basic understand IP Networking.
- Knowledge of video delivery over the leading content distribution networks (e.g., Akamai, Level3, etc.).
- Experience working with an enterprise, or workstation, encoding solution such as, Elemental, Wowza, Harmonic, Cisco AnyStream Live or WireCast.
About BAMTECH Media:
BAMTECH is a streaming technology joint venture between The Walt Disney Company, Major League Baseball Advanced Media, and the National Hockey League. BAMTECH handles streaming for numerous partners, some of which include, HBO, MLB, NHL, Eurosport, ESPN, and World Wrestling Entertainment.
Fans demand access to content on their own terms on any device, anytime, anywhere. We are those fans. As a result, the BAMTECH Media team helped pioneer live event streaming over the Internet in 2002 for Major League Baseball. The passion to improve that experience led to many impressive firsts: the first 720p or “HD Ready” stream, the consecutive record for concurrent streams and the first stream in 8K ultra HD. Today, BAMTECH has a proven, scalable platform that powers direct-to-consumer applications for leading entertainment brands; and is now a major player in sports and eSports rights acquisition.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with BAMTECH, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call BAMTECH Media.
BAMTECH, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.