Audience Engagement EditorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 735671BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 14, 2020
The Audience Engagement Editor on the Direct to Consumer & International (DTCI) Digital Media – Publishing Strategy team will be responsible for presenting live news content to audiences across all platforms, including our website, mobile apps, OTT, social and other distribution endpoints. This person will send mobile push alerts to audiences for major events and breaking news and communicate with external partners to obtain featured placement for both daily and tentpole events.
This position will help craft a growth and audience engagement strategy for ABC News Live, our new 24/7 digital news streaming channel, while also supporting additional ABC News brands. This person should have a strong editorial background and should be comfortable optimizing news content across all platforms, working collaboratively across several teams. This position lives in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment where impeccable judgment is necessary.
- Content programming: Utilize editorial judgment and audience insights to determine placement of content across platforms. This person will monitor real-time audience metrics and adjust programming on owned platforms accordingly for maximum impact.
- Partner distribution: This role will act as a conduit for ABC News content to external partners in order to secure premium placement for major news events and other strategic priorities.
- Event planning: Collaborate with editorial and programming teams to coordinate plans for major events, live coverage. Deliver plans to internal/external partners to inform future campaigns, programming strategy.
- Growth/experimentation: Develop and identify new opportunities and strategies for growth. Create plans to test and track results.
- Minimum 4+ of relevant experience in a news/digital media operation
- Keen understanding of the streaming ecosystem and digital distribution
- Vast knowledge of digital media landscape, including mobile, social and OTT
- Ability to think strategically, and to interpret audience feedback
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Adherence to the highest standards of journalism
- Must be available to work on short notice during breaking news situations
- BA/BS from a four-year accredited college or university
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.