Audio ProducerApply NowApply Later Job ID 768286BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Oct. 28, 2020
Inside the New Media productions segment is a team of leading audio content creators that have helped Marvel blaze trails in the world of podcasting and premium fiction audio storytelling. We are seeking an Audio Producer who will be integral to the operation and growth of the audio component of its podcast, studio, field, and live event business. This New York-based production team is tasked with the creation of audio & video content, from promotional material to original entertainment that will be distributed on all key Marvel and social media platforms as well as strategic distribution partners. The ideal candidate is a curious, hard-working team player who loves digital and audio content and innovation
- Will work directly with multiple lines of business to support company goals
- Will collaborate with the team to determine the editorial content of multiple podcast series, both original content and content that supports other Marvel lines of business
- Will oversee an Assistant Audio Producer on day-to-day operations
- Will maintain the budgets of multiple podcast series
- Will produce live events and panels at various conferences across the country
- Will consult on the maintenance of in-house creative space
- Will train and work with hosts and producers with research and interview prep, often on short notice
- Will source and train external freelance support, tape-syncers, etc.
- Will oversee recordings in studio and in the field – travel outside of NYC is likely
- Will oversee the coordination, uploading and publishing of completed podcast episodes
- This candidate will be responsible for overseeing the growth, operation, and consistent quality of multiple podcast series, both non-fiction and narrative based
- 5 years of audio industry experience
- Proven track record of building and growing successful podcasts
- Experience maintaining budgets
- Strong understanding of narrative storytelling for both fiction and non-fiction
- Mastery of Pro Tools, iZotope software, and studio, field and post-production audio work
- Strong communication skills, extreme attention to detail and the ability to multi-task several projects at once
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment while remaining composed and productive
- Ability to work independently within a collaborative, team setting
- Basic to strong knowledge of the Marvel brand and its characters
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with people at various levels of production
- A fan of Marvel, and lover of comics is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree (Music/TV/Film/Journalism or related field) or equivalent work experience
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Partnerships, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Partnerships, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.