Bilingual Quality Control Technician (Part-Time)
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 747781BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Feb. 15, 2020
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; the upcoming Disney SVOD service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Its core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
We are seeking a talented, hard working person for a part-time position in the Multimedia Department. In this position, you will maintain quality standards by approving incoming material, in-process production, finished products, and recording the results. Excellent communication and leadership skills are a must, as well as a keen attention to detail.
Our environment is incredibly dynamic, fast-paced, and sophisticated. The ideal candidate has a background in video quality control and is extremely comfortable working in Mac OS X.
- Bilingual in any of the following languages: Polish, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, German, Dutch, Italian or Spanish
Other responsibilities include:
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule that includes weekends and evenings
- Understanding of macOS and Windows operating systems
- QC video assets for video/audio fidelity
- Ability to recognize video/audio issues
- Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week in our offices in Chelsea
- Must have an exemplary attention to detail.
- Must possess strong communication skills.
- Must possess solid organizational skills.
- The candidate must be self-motivated.
- The candidate must have a strong ability to multitask and adapt to new situations.
- A solid computer and technical background, with experience working in new media and online organizations.
- Familiarity with streaming and broadcast media
- Familiarity with Google apps
- Must be a team player, with an enthusiastic, congenial, and committed employee
- Helpful skills include a background in encoding video for the web
- An understanding of various video codecs, notably H.264
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.