Broadcast Operations Analyst, Technology OperationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 657417BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Apr. 04, 2019
Job Summary:Walt Disney Television is hiring a Business Operations Analyst.
- Responsible for ongoing analytics that provide operational accuracy data with a goal towards better defining best practices.
- Track and create analytics for all on-air discrepancies appearing on ABC Broadcasts.
- Billing for closed captioning services (from outside vendor) as well as follow up as needed
- onviewer questions or complaints regarding closed captioning.
- Metadata creation of Daytime, Primetime and Late Night programming.
- Scheduling and distribution of On-Air graphics.
- Weekly Ops Meeting Notes for studio personnel.
- Manage payments as well as any billing issues with ABC’s closed captioning vendor for their services to the ABC Television Network.
- Field viewer questions and or complaints as they arise as it pertains to closed captioning.
- Manage and create the scheduling of VOD assets for Daytime, Primetime and Late Night programming, used for VOD content distribution.
- Assist the team responsible for developing and implementing policies for Network and Promotional graphic insertion.
- Prior experience in television broadcasting is required.
- Knowledge in television production, stage, remotes and post production.
- Computer networking fundamentals in a network broadcast environment.
- Engage and be expected to develop and maintain positive relationships both internal as well as external.
- Experience with VOD and metadata.
- Qualified candidates must be able and willing to work flexible hours as needed.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills. Attention to detail.
- Experience working with analytics
- Proficient with; Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint and Internet Explorer.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Television Broadcast related fields or relevant experience.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.