Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Business & Legal Affairs JD Associate, Disney Theatrical Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 732048BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Theatrical Group Date posted Dec. 20, 2019
DTG is committed to providing the highest quality opportunities for the widest, most diverse group of talented professionals throughout their career trajectory. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, ability, and sexual orientation.
Responsibilities:Be a part of something big…
The Business and Legal Affairs department provides all legal and business affairs services to Disney Theatrical Group, including negotiating and drafting substantially all of the voluminous contracts that DTG enters into each year. We provide efficient advice and services that allows DTG to be highly profitable with very limited risk.
Duties may include...
- Preparing databases of deal summaries and template contract provisions
- Assisting with drafting contracts and responding to and/or discussing comments with attorneys
- Conducting research
Basic Qualifications:You bring…
- Interest in entertainment business or entertainment law, with theatre interest an added bonus
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Word and Excel
- Coursework in copyright, entertainment business, entertainment law or other intellectual property areas
- Prior internship at a theatre or entertainment company or law firm
- Completion of 1st year of law school in a current JD program at the start of the internship
Additional Information:Program Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability from May/June through August/September
- Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work. Position is in New York, NY.
- Must be enrolled in a JD program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter prior to participation in the internship program
- Must submit a cover letter
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Theatrical Group.
Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.