Business Manager, Partnerships - Business Planning & DevelopmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 859921BR Location New York, New York, United States / Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Nov. 18, 2021
The Business Manager will have an evolving knowledge of the device and OTT landscape, technical and analytical acumen (working with KPIs, investigating data trends, etc.) with the ideal candidate having contributed to the growth of a subscription business. We are looking for a strong data-minded self-starter interested in tackling growth initiatives and translating data into business insights. This role will report to the Sr. Manager, Business Planning & Development - Partnerships.
The Partnerships team takes a holistic approach to partners and this role requires curiosity, eagerness to learn and collaboration cross-functionally within a sophisticated organization (e.g., Product, Tech, Distribution, Marketing, Finance, Legal and Regional Business Teams).
- Serve as the internal source of knowledge for all things to do with distribution partners; be in constant communication with all teams regularly working and interacting with partners
- Implement strategy for distribution partners across the full subscriber and partner lifecycle (i.e. acquisition, engagement/retention, tech integrations, marketing, partner management etc.)
- Use data insights, market trends and internal perspective to drive partner success; regularly ideate/update long-term plans for partners
- Rigorously analyze partner performance, provide key requirements to internal stakeholders using consistent partner tracking mechanisms. Partner with the data org to understand methodologies, contribute to roadmap planning, and understand all the nuances to our data
- Creation of internal executive reporting and external partner QBRs
- Contribute to financial analysis, roadmap planning, tech and product scoping
- Perform deep-dive analyses to better understand trends across regions, products and partners; create well-organized presentations explaining complex situations clearly and simply
- 4+ years of overall experience; media/technology marketing/partner management preferred
- Familiarity with common reporting tools; Tableau and Looker preferred
- Self-driven with ability to work independently with limited day-to-day guidance
- Ability to manage multiple requests, stay organized, and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Experience in streaming industry or other subscription-based service
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.