Business ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 768471BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Nov. 16, 2020
This position will be able to master exploratory data analysis, advanced reporting, data modeling and visualizations to serve the dual purpose of driving decision making and delivering fact-based actionable recommendations.
This role requires a unique combination of numeric and analytical competencies, as well as a strategic mindset with a flair for communication. Your work will drive the development of business plans that are expected to have broad influence at many levels of the organisation. You will be equally adept at communicating through numbers, charts and words with a demonstrated ability to organize insights and ideas into simple frameworks for rapid and clear communication in a fast-paced environment.
- Deeply understand our business models and the portfolio of projects and programs that impact key results and outcomes
- Perform root-cause analysis to identify patterns in financial and customer data sets, including subscriber acquisition and retention metrics
- Explain data anomalies, develop data visualizations and reporting to drive key messaging and recommendations
- Support new strategy, processes design, reporting, and communications
- Create informative and well-organized presentations that contribute to overall business needs and goals, explaining complex situations clearly and simply
- Able to digest product roadmap and articulate potential technical workstreams to a broad array of audiences
- Work closely with stakeholders at multiple levels of the organisation to help translate their ideas, strategies and plans into high quality business cases
- 5+ years of analytical work experience
- Demonstrable work experience with Tableau reporting and similar data visualization tools (we will assess this in the interview process)
- Experience in building financial and / or data models with predictive outcomes
- Experience collecting, validating, and analyzing data. Must be able to manipulate data, develop visualizations, triangulate and summarize results.
- A passion for accuracy and translating insights into a compelling narrative. It is essential to be able to maintain a balance between the details and the larger picture
- Ability to engage with the business and use data analysis to influence key stakeholders at various levels
- Exceptional written, verbal, and analytical skills, particularly with development of presentation materials.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced highly iterative environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with demonstrated ability to organize and schedule work effectively
- Analyst/Associate Level with Major Consulting firm experience is strongly preferred
- Previous work in a strategy team, ideally providing analytics to inform portfolio decisions is desirable
- Degree in analytical field such as mathematics, computer science, or a related quantitative field is an advantage
- Advanced degree is a preferred
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.