Already applied?View Dashboard
Business Process ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 662685BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 16, 2019
Job Summary:We are seeking an experienced manager for the position of Business Process Manager, Operations. Working with the Disney Streaming Services team in New York and across the broader Disney organization, and reporting to the VP of Operations, this individual will collaborate cross-functionally with the entire Disney DTC service team, the broader Disney Streaming Services team, as well as groups and stakeholders from business units across The Walt Disney Company. The Business Process Manager will analyze processes, identify improvement opportunities, design new workflows, and define technical requirements for new systems, features, and integrations. The individual will also effectively track the execution, communicate the status, and help deliver on these multiple interconnected projects throughout the business. The ideal candidate will have several years of experience in comparable positions leading process improvement for similar organizations in consumer tech and/or digital marketing, as well as an educational and/or professional training background that demonstrates commitment to excellence.
- Lead business process creation and optimization projects for the Business Operations group, working across the organization to help streamline our business process and ensure the successful launch of our product globally, in the following areas, among others:
- Incident Management
- Creative Operations and Workflow
- Digital Marketing Workflow
- International Programming
- Escalation Management
- Commerce Product Workflow
- Design and implement key performance indicators and metrics, establishing tracking and communication protocols
- Work with other business groups in performance analysis and identifying improvement areas, in order to ensure delivery and improvement of relevant KPIs
- Work closely with product managers to ensure seamless integration of software solutions; Coordinate with stakeholders and users to gather detailed product integration requirements
- Collaborate with Finance team to establish cost and efficiency measurements and create plans for optimization
- Work with data analytics team to ensure reporting for volume, efficiency and other relevant KPIs and metrics. Define and establish accurate coverage measurements for content assets
- Optimize process for capturing data and reduce reporting complexity
- Standardize request methods and build processes to enable self-service process.
- Support program managers in setting up workflows for new projects and stakeholders.
- Establish efficient standards and guidelines
- Create, communicate and manage detailed project plans, dependencies, resource plans, schedules and deadlines
- Partner with Disney Streaming Services Enterprise Program Management to effectively complement their efforts, closing gaps with minimal overlap, with a focus on managing projects from a Disney DTC service organization perspective
- Build effective working relationships with the Disney DTC Marketing, Product teams to create high levels of visibility and predictability across all Disney DTC projects
- Partner with the various TWDC business units in order to effectively track projects across those organizations that impact the Disney DTC service
- Create tools, reports, and processes to effectively communicate project status to all stakeholders.
- Execute and deliver in a highly matrixed and distributed environments
- Track record that shows you’re ready to excel in meeting the extraordinary challenges of this role (5+ years in similar roles in technical, consumer facing environments with a digital marketing focus)
- Proven experience in process optimization / transformation in order to increase process efficiency, reduce time-to-market and support scalability
- Experience with Lean/Six Sigma methodology
- Experience working in and leading cross-functional projects
- Development and execution of project plans according to project methodologies (PMP, Prince2)
- Good communicator, able to work with, influence and align with multiple stakeholders
- Flexible and able to find the right balance between structured problem analysis and project management and agility to deal with B.com fast-pacing change environment
- Ability to communicate effectively on a regular cadence to executive management on overall program health
- Strong business aptitude, clear thinking and communicating, and great decision making
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated track record of delivering business improvement through process re-engineering
- Expert knowledge to anticipate a wide range of future needs and opportunities and facilitate development of complex solutions
- Excellent people management skills, including the ability to influence a wide range of audiences
- Creatively and collaboratively disruptive
- Strong negotiation and issue resolution skills
- Self-motivated, high-energy, tenacity
- Ability to determine resource needs and recommend solutions
- Personal affinity for the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company
- Six-sigma Black Belt
- BA/BS in business, computer science, other business/tech field or equivalent work experience
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.